If you are new to the university use Activate my account and enter the requested information to obtain your Charles Sturt account details. Your account details include a username and password and are used to uniquely identify you within the university.
If you’ve forgotten your username, you can reset your password. Once you've reset your password, your account details will be provided on the confirmation screen.
You can access more login assistance at our Login help site.
Your university login (username and password) provides access to many IT services including:
- University student computers and printers
- Student Portal, Interact 2, Library Journal Databases, PebblePad and many other sites
- Microsoft Office 365
- Accessing the internet using the Charles Sturt University network when on campus
- Connecting your personal device to the wi-fi or wired network on campus
- Connecting to the Eduroam wi-fi network when visiting other universities and educational institutions
- Using your own Zoom conference to collaborate with others
- Keeping Sophos (antivirus for students) updated on your personal computer
- Your own personal web publishing account
Changing your password
It is important to protect and keep your student account secure by changing your password on a regular basis. When changing your password for the first time, it is recommended that you save a security question and answer for quick identification purposes.
PhD students must change their password every 120 days to continue access to staff IT services.
Do not disclose your password to anyone. If you suspect someone has guessed your password or has watched as you typed it - you should change it immediately.
The new password should be active immediately.
Your new password must be different from your previous six passwords and must not include your university username.
It must also meet the following criteria:
- Use a minimum of 8 and maximum of 30 characters – do not include any spaces
- Use at least 3 of the 4 following character types: lowercase (a-z), uppercase (A-Z), numeric (0-9), supported special characters (~ ! # $ % ^ * - _ = + [ ] \ : , . / ?).
If you attempt to create a password that does not meet the above criteria, you will receive an error message and must set a different password.
Your password will also be checked against a list of known compromised passwords. You will not be able to use a password that is on this list.
Charles Sturt University will never ask you for your password via email, phone, letter or face to face.
If you receive an email requesting you provide your password or account details, or directing you to click a link to login/confirm your password - delete the email immediately.
Find out more about protecting yourself online.